Easter is around the corner and kids are already on holidays. Are you looking for something little bit different than ordinary Easter egg hunt? We have got some ideas to keep your kids busy and entertained for a while.
It is time of the year when bunnies are the centre of attention. All kids love to show off their fabulous bunny outfits. Let them get out into the garden for an Easter egg hunt dressed up as bunnies, bumble bees or pirates and give a special prize for whoever finds the most eggs.
The most fun of all is decorating them with jelly beans or mini chocolate eggs. They will look absolutely stunning in Kitchen Craft Sweetly Does It Spiral Cupcake Tree.
Easter Basket Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
||For the white icing
|2 bags jelly beans
Mini chocolate eggs
Green food colourings
Pipe cleaner or liquorice
|1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
(3 2/3 cups) confectioners'sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
1. Sift together flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in vanilla. Beat in the flour in three additions, alternating with milk, starting and ending with flour. Do not overbeat.
3. Scoop ¼ cup batter into 24 regular sized muffin tins lined with cupcake liners. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing cupcakes from pan and cooling on wire racks. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. If too thick to spread, beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.
5. Frost the cupcakes with white icing. Bend a pipe cleaner or a piece of red liquorice into an arch and push the ends into the sides of each cupcake.
6. Shake the shredded coconut in a stainless steel bowl. Sprinkle on food colouring bit by bit, mixing vigorously to distribute the colour.
7. Place a pinch of shredded coconut on each iced cupcake. Place three jelly beans or mini chocolate eggs on the "nest" of coconut.
8. Tie a small ribbon bow on the pipe cleaner or liquorice handle at a jaunty angle.
Wishing you Happy Egg Hunting…