Pancake Day also known as Shrove Tuesday is celebrated the day before Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.
The tradition is that people indulge themselves in eating pancakes this day. It is a great way to use up the remaining eggs, milk, sugar & flour which are forbidden during Lent, when only “plain” food is eaten. It is last day of the "feast" before "fast" begins.
Treat yourself to some yummy pancakes today. We have got a truly delicious recipe for you.
125g plain flour
A pinch of salt
300ml milk mixed with water
(¾ of milk ¼ of water)
Butter for frying
1. Sieve the flour & salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Pour the egg and 30ml (2tbsp) of the liquid into the bowl. Using a wooden spoon and working from the centre, gradually mix some of the flour from the edges into the egg & liquid and beat well until smooth.
3. Gradually add 150ml of the liquid, beating gently with a whisk and drawing in the rest of the flour until all is mixed in and the batter is smooth and bubbly. Stir in the remaining milk.
4. Heat the butter and using a laddle add large spoonful of the pancake batter to the crepe /pancake pan. Flip the pancake once with a turner so that it cooks on either side. Cook until golden.
5. Serve immediately with sugar and lemon or other exciting toppings.
To make the perfect pancakes you will need the following:
For full range of Mixing Bowls please click here.
For full range of Kitchen Utensils please click here.
Classic style frying pan ideal for cooking pancakes and crepes.
With a heavy duty non-stick interior and high quality 2mm base, the pan also comes with its very own pancake recipe on the outside base of the pan.
Lightweight in design to perfect the perfect toss the pan has a comfortable riveted handle with integral hanging storage loop. Dishwasher safe.
For full range of Crepe Pancake Pans please click here.
Not enough time to make your own pancake batter, then we have a selection of Pancake Mixes for you. For the full range please click here.
HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!